This is my absolute favourite and tastiest of my healthy Halloween treats series. I have a sweet tooth for dark chocolate, and this is the best to satiate my cravings! It also reminds me of Reese cups. I mean- if it’s dark chocolate, it has to be kind of healthy, right? haha.
Making the Decor Toppers
- Print out some designs or characters off google
- Cut them out and laminate with tape (optional)
- Cut out and tape onto toothpick halves
How to Make Chocolate Coconut Mousse Cups
- Melt dark chocolate chips in the microwave at 10-20 second intervals, checking and stirring frequently.
- Let dark chocolate mix chill for a bit, just to thicken.
- Pour 1/3rd of the cupcake liners with the dark chocolate and begin rolling the chocolate around. if the mixture gets too thick, use a popsicle to help spread and even coat.
- Chill chocolate cups until hardened.
- Melt white chocolate melts and let chill until it isn’t too runny.
- Pipe small spider webs onto parchment paper and chill until hardened.
- Mix the thicker portion of coconut cream with cocoa powder until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour mixture into chocolate cups. If it is really runny, chill for about 5-8 minutes.
- Insert the white chocolate webs and decor toppers into the mousse.
- Chill for about 10 minutes or until soft, BUT DO NOT FREEZE FOR TOO LONG AS IT WILL HARDEN LIKE ICE.
- Serve cold.
I love these treats because of the different textures. The soft and creaminess of the coconut cream with the crispy dark chocolate cups. it’s also great for satiating any late night sweet tooth cravings.
Let me know if you made it! I want to see! Tag your creations with #HalloweenWithEva and myself as well.
Make sure you check out my other healthy halloween snacks.
Have a safe and fun Halloween everyone!
What are you going to be this Halloween?